This recipe is a great to to improve Ramen; an already light weight dinner. By adding peas, ham, and parmesan, you will replenish valuable calories lost on the trail that you can’t find in plain Ramen.
You will need:
- 1 packet of Ramen noodles per person. Leave out the flavoring packet. Do not get Cup of Noodles
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese per packet of Ramen
- 1 cup of dehydrated (not dried) green pees per packet of Ramen
- 1/3 cup of sliced ham per packet of Ramen
- Put the packets of Ramen in a plastic zip-lock baggie
- Combine the parmesan and ham in a zip-lock baggie
- Put the peas in a seperate
On the trail:
- Boil water and add the Ramen. Cook until done.
- Strain out the water into another pot
- Bring the second pot of water to a boil and add the peas. Cook until mushy
- Strain out the pea water and add them and the ham and parmesan to the noodles
- Stir until evenly blended.